It’s finally here! You’ve worked hard the past few months finding a new home, preparing and selling your old home, and everything in between. It’s time to start thinking about what Moving Day itself looks like. Here are some tips to make sure you have a great Moving Day.
- Find a moving company.
- One of the hardest parts of moving can be deciding who is going to help you move. Most people will tell you it’s a smart decision to hire a moving company. What should you be looking for in a moving company? A great moving company is reliable, personable, and most importantly makes your move easier. It’s best to check out the reviews of each company to figure out which one you want to work with.
- Make a list of questions to ask your moving company.
- Once you’ve scheduled your movers, make a list of any questions you might have. Is there anything the moving company won’t move? How long will it take? How can I best prepare? Your movers should have an FAQ page on their website with plenty of answers about the moving process.
- Have everything packed and ready to go.
- One of the most obvious parts of moving is the packing process. It’s important to start this process as soon as possible or else it can turn into a nightmare of disorganization and panic at the last minute. Taking your time packing can also help you feel like you haven’t rushed and forgotten things.
- Arrange child and/or pet care for the day.
- Moving is already going to be a lot of work, so make sure you can focus on moving without any major distractions. Arrange a babysitter or pet sitter to lessen your stress and help you get things done quicker.
- Moving day grab-n-go bag.
- While you’re packing, make sure to set aside items you’ll need when everything else is boxed up. This can include important documents, a change of clothes, your toothbrush, toiletries, and anything else you might need if you couldn’t get to the rest of your stuff for 24 hours.
- Final walkthrough.
- Before leaving, it’s best to do a walkthrough to make sure everything is packed and ready to go. It’s important that you have everything together by the time the moving company arrives or you’ll have to deal with anything left behind. Taking a final walkthrough can give you peace of mind when thinking back to all that you’ve packed.
Your moving day should be a memorable one, so be sure to start thinking about organizing and getting your items in order before the moving day arrives. It can creep up quickly, so get started as soon as you’re able.